Workbench 8ft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

So I took some time off over the holiday season and realized I needed a workbench to start things back up after moving into the new house. I came up with a pretty simple design and here are the pictures.

Dimensions:

8 foot wide
23 inches deep
35.75 inches high

Material Used:

1 ea. 8x4 Sheet of 3/4" plywood
3 ea. 4x4's
6 ea. 2x4's
6 ea. 3/8" threaded rods at 2ft (12 ea. Washers/Lock nuts)
12 ea. 3/8" Wood Dowel Pins

I used a router, a table saw, drill, forstner bits, rubber mallet, and a chisel.

8311430087_be4ccb8704_c.jpg

8312481270_d5136624d8_c.jpg

Happy holidays everyone!

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katsin

Nice bench Wiset! Looks likes we were posting our new homemade bench photos at exactly the same time. :biggrin:

D.Oliver

Oh now I see how you are! Get a brand new metal lathe and it gets to sit on the bench, while the ole trusted wood lathe now sits on the floor. Poor little fella. Great bench. Are you going to put a vise on it?

wiset1

Oh now I see how you are! Get a brand new metal lathe and it gets to sit on the bench, while the ole trusted wood lathe now sits on the floor. Poor little fella. Great bench. Are you going to put a vise on it?

The finish was still a little wet :biggrin: She'll be up there boss! We'll see about a vise...every shop needs one so it's something I'll have to look into.

wiset1

Thanks guys! Yeah, more tools would be nice, but for now it's about getting the shop in order. I have a couple things on my wish list so we'll see how that works out.

wiset1

Put my bench to use tonight. looking at a Love Spoon we had hanging on the wall, I thought to myself "I can do that." well, after two hours with chisels, a bandsaw, and a Dremel tool I ended up with a cracked piece of wood. It felt good to try something new, but at the end of the day I realized one thing... I need a Scroll Saw before I can move forward with the next one. Bench worked well

D.Oliver

You're telling me you have a whole pen making community waiting to see the masterpieces you will make with a metal lathe and your making a love spoon?:curse::mad-tongue::rotfl::tongue:

wiset1

You're telling me you have a whole pen making community waiting to see the masterpieces you will make with a metal lathe and your making a love spoon?:curse::mad-tongue::rotfl::tongue:

:biggrin: yeah, sorry. 2013 is about growth and learning new things and to be honest with you...I don't have a single Tap or Die to thread a pen. I'm turning some aluminum to get the feel for the lathe, but it will be some time before I get anything that looks like a pen. I may turn some stock to fit onto a kit, but until I get the tap and dies I'll be letting the damascus, and other material sit in my cold garage. I suck, I know, but it's a process:)

Top Bottom