Work in progress

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Now that I have some space on 'flat spots' around the house....figured I'd start filling them up!

This one started out as a 15.5 inch long piece of Acer Redrum(Red Maple). Think I measured the thickest spot at 9 inches(from the faceplate).
Wet? Oh, you bet ya! This one left a 'line' of sap on the garage door(had it open while turning)!

Anyway, here is the 'bottom' sanded and first coat of BLO applied.....

It'll get more coats after the inside is finished. I hollowed it out and applied a sanding sealer...it was too wet to sand, the fibers just kept tearing out. So after 24hrs of 'drying' with the sealer on, I'll attempt to sand it to 400 and apply the BLO.(thinking three coats, then allow a week to dry and then lacquer the thing silly)

Scott (fun to make huge ribbons of wood) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Scott, looking at the left hand side of this turning I see a skull. It kinda looks like your avatar, did you notice it?
Len

The avatar.....wish you could magnify it. It'd really blow your mind with what's in the eyeballs:eek:

Scott (didn't see the skull) B

Charlie_W

The avatar.....wish you could magnify it. It'd really blow your mind with what's in the eyeballs:eek:

What is that thing?.......perhaps a scorpion?......not what I want in my eye!:eek:

Top Bottom