Wooden natural fruit and tazza (fruit stand)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinterinfinger

Hi all, just wanted to share this commissioned piece I have turned for a client in Canada, the tazza has been made from Australian Brown Coolabah and then we have apples in Indian Anjan (very heavy, very hard, and dark) African Paduk, Brazilian Pau Amerillo (yellow lemons) eggs in English Walnut, Victorian Plums from Anjan, Pears in English Spalted Beech, an apple in English Oak, and Tangerine in African Paduk with dimpled skin, and grapes on a vine turned in Purple Heart and Anjan.

No stains or dyes where used all the woods are natural colours.

Thanks for looking comments please.
Regards Mervyn

www.ukpenkits.com

www.turnedwood.co.uk (updated version being designed) still take a look if ya like.

Attachments

• tazza1.jpg
    tazza1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 239
  • tazza2.jpg
    tazza2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 238
  • tazza3.jpg
    tazza3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

That's not just a woodturner there. That's an Artist! Very nice!!!

You turn a piece of wood and turn it into fruit, I turn a piece of wood and it turns into the pits! :)

lr

nava1uni

Absolutely stunning art. It is difficult to comprehend that the pieces of fruit are made out of wood. You are an amazing artist. Is it turned? How do you do it? It boggles my mind.

Hi thanks a lot guys, all the fruit is individually turned even the grapes the stalks are turned.
I never regard myself as an artist just a wood turner, I always think of an artist being a painter so when I read peoples comments and they regard me as an artist I'm am honored.

Kind regards to you all.
Mervyn

woodchip

Ditto on all the remarks before this post. I'm sure the recepient will be well pleased if not hungry after getting this home. Great job!!!!

Top Bottom