Wooden Money Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

tpYhHaKl.jpg

hadefcWl.jpg

My shop scraps are piling up so I love finding ways to use them up. Here is one you might fancy, a maple money clip.

Maple from a piece of 3/4 maple it measures 2 inches in length and 1 1/4 wide. It was completed in an afternoon and finished with spray enamel.

Thanks for looking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788QdVU5p1o

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Peter how much time is dedicated to your projects (filming, editing, uploading, corrosponding?)

kludge77

Quite a bit. Filming easily doubles project time. My editing process is about 4-5 hours from raw footage to YouTube. That's the most of it. I love responding to comments and just do it in bulk...

SteveG

I like the simple lines, yet had an idea pop into my mind as soon as I viewed it. Why no add a couple of splines across the the end to add visual interest and structural reinforcement. Something matching the kerf of your saw blade is quick and easy.

D.Oliver

You do a great job at it. Someday I'd like to give it try. Don't worry though I don't have good enough hair to pose any competition!

kludge77

You do a great job at it. Someday I'd like to give it try. Don't worry though I don't have good enough hair to pose any competition!

It's fun. I enjoy the process and honesty, I've spent so much more time in the shop building things, so that's a plus too!

kludge77

I like the simple lines, yet had an idea pop into my mind as soon as I viewed it. Why no add a couple of splines across the the end to add visual interest and structural reinforcement. Something matching the kerf of your saw blade is quick and easy.

Yeah, that's a really good idea!

kludge77

Making videos is easy. Getting people to watch them, now there is the hard part! :)

I just setup a camera (started with a $50 flip) in the shop and film stuff. For me, lighting has been the biggest challenge. I bought a pack of 53k CLF bulbs, and have them in these (HDX 150-Watt Incandescent Clamp Light-HD-300PDQ at The Home Depot) clamped around the shot. I also have 3 banks of 8 foot florescent bulbs on the ceiling. When I get a shot with the right lighting, it makes even bad footage look good!

Other than that, it's just about deleting footage till it flows well. I've noticed videos at 5 minutes and under get the most views!

Top Bottom