Woodchuck II Handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

I'll add another to the recent posts re "handling" a Woodchuck.

I've been using a Hosaluk handle with my new Woodchuck and finally decided to give the WC a permanent handle. I made this one out of padauk.

I have to admit I stopped using the Woodchuck to rough pen blanks after some nasty catches. I decided to give it one more try roughing the 2X2 padauk blank. I am very impressed with how quickly it rounded the padauk! I was likely too tentative when roughing pen blanks. I didn't much care if I got a catch roughing this handle and not a single catch! Oddly, this same principle applied when I finally learned to use a skew. Seems if I don't worry about the result, the tools seem to cut better :confused:. I'll give it another shot roughing pen blanks but very happy with it even if limited to other roughing work. Also, many thanks to Ken for providing this tool!

IMG_6394.jpg

After posting the photo, just noticed I didn't get finish into all the right places :mad: -- oh well, won't affect the operation!

Wheaties

Good choice! (That's what I chose for mine :biggrin:) I was having some issues with mine but from some others advice here I found:
1) Play with the tool angle a bit to find that "perfect" spot- there is a learning curve!
2) The Woodchuck loves speed! (which for some strange reason makes me like it more!)

Top Bottom