Wood ID please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shifter

Since I got back into the hobby I dusted off my old blanks and tried to find info on the types of wood they are for cards but am having a hard time. they were marked at the time of purchase but I don't know if they were real wood names the ebay listing said was from africa. hope someone here can help with the id.
20240129_093534.jpg20240129_093549.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
From what I can tell, they are all African woods, but some might be slightly misspelled. For instance, I think EDNAM should be EDINAM.

Try entering those names one by one in Google along with Africa Tree or Africa Wood & you should be able to get info on all or most of them.

Nice collection of rather unusual blanks!

Yeah, I don't recognize those names so google may be the best option for verifying the species. Like Edgar suggested, just put the name you have with african wood or something akin to that in the search. You can also check www.wood-database.com to see if these pop up in the search. That website is possible the most comprehensive wood database around.

BoonareeBurl

Since I got back into the hobby I dusted off my old blanks and tried to find info on the types of wood they are for cards but am having a hard time. they were marked at the time of purchase but I don't know if they were real wood names the ebay listing said was from africa. hope someone here can help with the id.
View attachment 367262View attachment 367263
I'd be interested in trading ...

G

JohnU

I've bought some African woods over the years…named Tamboti, Zangara, Mopani. Can't say about the others you have.

Top Bottom