wondering if...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodLM

still being new, i am not sure if you are able to put CA over something like EEE wax paste/polish... i like the effect that the EEE gives to the wood, i am just wondering if i can trap that using CA over it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

CA over wax

still being new, i am not sure if you are able to put CA over something like EEE wax paste/polish... i like the effect that the EEE gives to the wood, i am just wondering if i can trap that using CA over it?

:mad::mad: I would suggest putting the Ca on first and waxing over it. I find Ca doesn't stick well to oily (wax) or non porous surfaces (glass) . Sometimes even if you sand certain woods that are oily in themselfs to fine, you may have trouble getting a finish to stick or look good. Always use a tac cloth of some type of cleaner on your blank before putting on the final finish to clean it. Jim S

RogerH

Try BLO (boiled linseed oil) before the CA finish, if you want a richer look. I use it on some hardwoods to bring out color or grain, and I learned it from some of the vets on here.

leehljp

Member Liaison
AS others said, BLO. Other oils can work too. For what you described and want, amber tinted oils will probably do better. The clearer the oil, the less it does what you want. I have seen some fairly dark BLO (had some) and some that was almost clear.

raar25

I do EEE wax before all of my CA finishes. The trick is to clean the wax off with DNA before you apply the CA. That gives me the smooth polished surface without wax so CA sticks nicely.

Top Bottom