Woman's work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

So, LOML has been watching me in the shop, seeing how much I enjoy turning, and decides she wants to try out a pen. She has a degree in metal design and makes some beautiful jewelry, but has never turned wood. So I show her the basics and leave her alone, while staying close enough to answer any questions she might have. She produced this pen. I wish that my first pen was this nice. I'm going to have to start asking her for turning advice.
-Fred

Image Insert:
20049312929_IMG_0634.jpg

86.58KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike_l

If that is her first, I truly look forward to what she will produce in the future. What a great hobby to share.

Mike L

ilikewood

First Pen? Excellent!!

So when are you going to have to go out and get another lathe for yourself? I'm sure you won't get that one back!![:D]

Doghouse

Judy (SWMBO) also turns pens, and now is trying to force me off the 1442 so she can start turning bowls also.

/H Humor on /H

First the take over our jobs, then fishing, now the one safe place left, the wood shop, is being taken over by these Suffragists! :)

/h Humor Off /h

darbytee

Luckily we have two lathes, a Jet mini and a 1442. I'll just have to buy a second mandrel for her. And a second set of tools. And some more pen kits. And some more blanks. Hey, this could work out really well.
-Fred

darbytee

Bev, I don't mind sharing the lathe at all. It's nice to be able to share something you love doing with someone you love. If I could only get our two year old to learn how to sweep the shop it could be a family business!
-Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom