Wolverine griding jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Erik831

Anyone here selling this jig I'm considering buying one but thought I would ask here first, if nobody does where can I find the cheapest price for this jig amazon has it for $90 shipped . Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

You can easily make your own from wood and a few items from the hardware store.

1. Platform under the grinder with slots for the arm - made from three pieces of particle board. Put a t-nut in the top layer so that you can use a threaded knob to hold the arm in place.
2. Arm - 1x2" hardwood (I used maple). Add blocks on one end to build up the 'shoe'. On mine, I have a shoe on one side for gouges, and on the other side, for the elliptical jig. The critical dimensions for the elliptical jig shoe are that the bottom of the shoe must be 4" below the center of the grinder axis, and the back must be 7" out from the face of the wheel.
3. Elliptical jig - Capt. Eddie has a YouTube video on making this from a plumbing nipple and a length of allthread. He suggested using a plastic nipple - I opted for steel for strength.
4. Platform for grinding scrapers. I made mine from scraps of cabinet plywood, with a sheet of 1/4" aluminum plate on top. Held in place using the threaded knob that also holds the arm in position.

Total cost - less than $10 excluding the wood.

Capt. Eddie shows how to make the system. Also offers to sell the system much cheaper than what you spoke of. Have fun in this addiction.

Eddiecastelin.com

I have worked with Eddie on testing his newer cutters and handle. He his really easy to work with.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my Galaxy player using Forum Runner

Erik831

I have been using a home made jig and it has served it's purpose but last week i upgraded my turning tools to crown tools so I wanted more accurate jig

I don't believe the higher dollar jigs will be any more accurate than Capt. Eddies. Of course, some of it is in the time spent on any given spot on a cutting edge. I don't think there is one that controls that. Hope you the best.

Erik831

I went to cap.s website and I don't see the jig for sharpening unless its the one called blackhawk but it says its for sharpening on a belt sander.

Try Big Guy Productions - Home. Click sharing information. Check the listing on the left. Making cost nearly nothing. Failing that. Go back to the right list. Click "Products and Services".
Sorry. He has droped the instructions for making the bar part. But it is well presented in the videos. These in the left list go with it.

Set up guide
Template
Pattern
$2 sharpening jig

All real easy to make. And a lot of fun to me. But he sells it in "Products and Services" for those who don't enjoy making tools and saving money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom