Winter Garden

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wildman

Wildman

No, water or weeds, not sure bout bugs, but collects plenty of dust!

Attachments

• IMG_1309_1.JPG
    IMG_1309_1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 309
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

These were all turned? WOW!

What kind of timeline did this occupy? I'm sure it was a little longer then turning a slimline....nicely done!

Thinking a little RedOak stain on the flowers, and some green dye on the stems would make these just POP!!!

Scott (thinking outside the box) B

Wildman

Thanks for looking appreciate your comments.

I have been turning flowers for many years in different ways, between centers, inside-out, and now completely on the lath with blank in my chuck.

Only flowers that take a lot of time are inside-out flowers. Provided a link with instruction last time made inside out flowers. Turning between centers and complete flower on the lathe take about same time as completing a pen.

My wife is letting me slide on not painting stems green this time but that may happen later. I also fooled around with painting some flowers different colors but have not completed them yet.

There are some really excellent You Tube video which can explain how to better than I can.

I am turning into end grain, on those flowers that had lot of torn end grain which could not fix I attempt to hide shown in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 131

Fishinbo

Very pretty flowers! Like every style and design of them. They will look great on any table as centerpieces, very decorative. Excellent turning pieces!

Top Bottom