String inlay box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JeremyLP

JeremyLP

425069-438x.jpg
mt6vaqq.jpg
mt6vbnk.jpg

If you happen to frequent lumberjocks this may not be a new to you. My personal rabbit hole is woodworking, this hole is actually more of a burrow with many different tunnels and passageways. But the main hole is hand tool woodworking, and almost everything branches off from that.

This is a box I made using only hand tools, to house my string inlay tools that I used to make the string inlay for the box. Made from mahogany, I used full blind dovetails to hold the box together, then used the string inlay tools to do the stringing. One of the rooms in my burrow is dedicated to inlay and marquetry, so I made the fans and the shell for the lid. Of course the finish is BLO and home mixed shellac.

Pen turning has its own branch of the burrow, segmenting, casting ect... but some how the tunnel always leads back to hand tools woodworking. So if you happen to notice that I am not on this site for months at a time.. its because Im making something like the above. If you are interested in the building process, I have an 11 part blog detailing most of the work here.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom