White Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was curious if anyone has some scraps of White Oak laying around their shops. Looking for pieces 4-6 L x 1-.5 W. I am a homebrewer and the sticks work great to add a barrel aged effect to some recipes. Typically I will char them and soak them for a short time in bourbon. Then they are added to the secondary for a nice bourbon barrel flavor. I thought about buying some JD barrel chips, but from everything I have read the wood is spent and only good for use in the smoker....or pen making:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

Do you want green wood or dry? I have a few turning blanks that need to be trimmed next week and a whole pile of planks that have been air drying for 2 years. Tell me your poison and I will ship - - or you could drive up but my knee surgery looms soon- - 10 Feb. Phil

Was looking for dry white oak if you have some. Shipping is fine and I will cover all the cost. I have some a Belgium Quad and some blackberry wine that will appreciate a little oak:)

You guys are awesome. Chunks, Sticks, Shavings are all good and all have there application. I would love some sticks (almost the same as pen blanks) about 6" long by .5"-1" wide. A Flat rate box would be a great start.

Let me look in the shop today Keith. I know I have a box of barrel cutoffs. Just not sure about the sizes. I know some are bigger chunks.
Brooks if you have some barrel cutoffs those would be great too. I am doing a bourbon barrel quad that would be dynamite with a couple cubes. I will PM you!

Please PM me with what you can send and the shipping costs. I can send payment through Paypal or however you want it.

Thanks so much!!!!!

MarkD

I just received 25 board feet of kiln dried white oak for a job. I expect to have lots of pen blank sized pieces left over. I expect I could fill a small flat rate box with no problem.

wyone

I had a white oak tree in my backyard in Wyoming. It was one of only 2 in our town. I wish I could have brought it with me! It was actually planted from an acorn that was included in Wonder Bread in the 50s

Top Bottom