Front Page Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgio13

Before I start babbling I would like to take this time to thank Jeff and all who make this forum possible, for without it I would still be trying to figure out how to turn my lathe on. Thank you for adding my name to the list of turners whose pens have graced the front page, and whom I have look up to over the years. I have been a member here for a while now, but I still keep to myself when it comes to commenting on, or answering questions due to the fact that I am still learning this craft as well. The last thing I want to do is give someone the wrong information. I have found myself however lending a hand more often when I know I can help someone out, and that includes my finishing technique. There are no secrets when it comes to finishing my pens, (no, not even yellow socks), everything I know has come from this forum in
one form or another. I will start another thread on my method for finishing pens and if there is a need for it to become a tutorial I will help in anyway I can. In the meantime if there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask, this is a way for me to begin helping the community that has given me so much over the years, thanks again,

Bill

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Bill

There's a super-secret set of equations I use to select the front page pens. :biggrin: Over the years I've considered a nomination or voting system to select those pens, but I have selfishly kept that little pleasure all to myself.

Your pen made the cut for all the usual reasons, but it's especially nice to also recognize your willingness to share your techniques. While I completely understand the business reasons some folks have to keep their secrets under wraps, our forum was created in part to share and educate. So when the opportunity comes along to feature someone doing just that, it's a pleasure to do so.

Top Bottom