Whew, these things fall off the lathe!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Very nice did you make your own blanks

Yes, we always do. In fact, I'm thinking while were making three dozen more for everyone else.......I might just have to make a few more of the call sized for me:eek:

:biggrin: Nice looking honkers .... what do they sound like ? :biggrin:

Echo Calls tunes these prior to me getting them from down the road(their only 12miles away). Their "open water single reeds' are used all over the planet and they require less 'air movement' to make them 'work'. The double reed inserts I picked up today are easier to 'work' with a bit more 'air movement'......but sound even better.

95% of a call is the way you 'work it'.
5% of a call is the parts-n-pieces to make it.

Scott (I did my 5%....:wink:) B

RKB

Those are so cool! Why is there a metal band on them? Just wondering, never used one.
Looks like alot of fun to make.
Thanks for sharing.
Rod

SDB777

Those are so cool! Why is there a metal band on them? Just wondering, never used one.
Looks like alot of fun to make.
Thanks for sharing.
Rod

The band is a two part kind of thing...

#1: Accent, people expect the bands to be on them...
#2: On wood, it strengthens the timber to keep them from cracking when the insert gets pushed in(I guess if you were to push hard enough on acrylic, it'd crack too)

Scott (thanks everyone) B

SDB777

Gorgeous! I mostly don't like Acrylic but those I really like. Superb job. Wish some of my work would "fall off the lathe" looking that great.

Hmm, with the rain keeping me from slicing up the rest of my giant white oak log today(I'm not cutting pieces 4"x8"x9', and then trying to move them around in the mud).
Maybe I can find a piece of wood, or three, and make a few? Although, I'm out of rattle-can lacquer....I can finish them when the humidity and drying conditions get better later. Bet I have some spalted maple out there...........

Scott (wood calls are fun too) B

Top Bottom