Where to find blocks of Alumilite or Acrylic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jayman72

Hey all, I have an interesting delema.

I need to make a pen for a customer and I need to find a place where I can source blocks of resin (Alumilite or Acrylic) in solid colors.

I am looking for solid red and solid black blocks that are about 1x5x5 but I have had trouble finding anyplace that sells them like that.

Anyone have any idea where I might find these?

Thanks in advance
Jay
Tampa, FL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Hey all, I have an interesting delema.

I need to make a pen for a customer and I need to find a place where I can source blocks of resin (Alumilite or Acrylic) in solid colors.

I am looking for solid red and solid black blocks that are about 1x5x5 but I have had trouble finding anyplace that sells them like that.

Anyone have any idea where I might find these?

Thanks in advance
Jay
Tampa, FL

Look up Johnathan Brooks. He can make what you want. I think his username is Brooks803
Don

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For a block that size, you may want to look at "do it yourself". Ain't rocket science to make one color blocks, although heat could be a problem, you'd have to avoid "heat fractures".

Just a thought!

Jayman72

Is there a reason you want alumilite vrs PR. The reason I ask is that the cost for alumilite is almost double that of PR.

Nope, no reason at all. Just using a Buzzword I guess.

I just need some sort of resin in a solid color if PR (Poly Resin I assume) will work as an acrylic substrate for a pen blank and its cheaper then I am good with it.

I just want the finished product to have a nice mirror shine. (I know that comes from the MM and polish more than the material.)

Thanks
Jay
Tampa, FL

Top Bottom