Flower for blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

I was the best man at a wedding recently and picked up some of the flowers from the wedding. I was thinking I want to try and make the bride a special pen out of them. I have cast before, but never with flowers. They are still in the fridge, as I have not tried to dry them yet. I thought my best bet was to ask you experts for advice before I attempt this.

Thanks in advance!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Depending on the kind of flower but I would most likely pluck the petals and dry them in a feed dehydrator or an oven at very low temp. Then cast as a solid blank in a mold.

wyone

Thank You Curtis.. I actually took quite a few in case I had.. umm.. issues. and nobody except my wife knows of the idea so if I ruin it, well then I do. But I thought it would be a nice gift for the bride.

Thank you again

wyone

and my first thought was to try and do a blank like the amazing feather blanks I have seen.. but ya.. I do not have that much skill or talent. So casting a block is a great idea and I can include the green stems and purple and white flowers, so hopefully have some interesting variations. The wedding was in Cancun and I thought, I will just find a piece of driftwood, but as much as I looked I did not find any. So this was the flower at the resort so I think it is appropriate. If I can be successful that is. :)

Top Bottom