What tool is this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

Hi Skip,

Very ingenious. I could use one when I messed up my Baron Fountain pen.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I finished making Manny's one and took several pics to make the pictorial.
If I've got a good mobile signal, then I'll post the pics on how to make one when I get to my hotel tonight. When you see just how easy they are to make, then you'd never need to buy one:biggrin:

Manny, I got your addy and will post it as soon as I get back next week.:wink:

Manny

Whoo hoo! got my tool yesterday Skip. Thanks a bunch man. Thanks also for the tutorial. I wanna make a few different sizes for the various kits.

Manny

The divice appears to be an inner cap puller for fountain pens. The expandable end of the rod can be adjusted to length and locked with the side knob. The rear knob is turned to do the removal.

looks like it could also be modified to remove the center bands and couplers on other pen kits as well, like roller balls and fountains and would be a great tool to add to any tool box for pen repairs.

el_d

I finished making Manny's one and took several pics to make the pictorial.
If I've got a good mobile signal, then I'll post the pics on how to make one when I get to my hotel tonight. When you see just how easy they are to make, then you'd never need to buy one:biggrin:

Manny, I got your addy and will post it as soon as I get back next week.:wink:

Skippy did you ever post istructions on how to make one of these? I think I missed it. This would be great for a long click dissassembly tool. I kinda did something like this but yours is ALOT nicer.

Top Bottom