What to do with them

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I am sure everyone else is in the same boat, but I have about a thousand little plastic bags. What do people do with them? Anybody have any good ideas on how to put them to use? I hate just throwing them out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Cast them and make a pen..........I feel you. I hate to get a kit that has every part in a seperate baggie. I keep the big ones to use for whatever, I even have some w/ Saw Dust from the band saw from various woods so if I need filler. The rest go in the recycle bin.

AultMan

They are extremely useful for ****ing me off. If you are someone out there who I cut off in traffic, dated your daughter in high school, or you just don't like me for some reason, please put everything I need from you into separate little bags that make fat fingered people like myself look retarded.

ctubbs

Other than a pair of sharp scissors, just how do you get the little ........ things open easily? Another ham fisted big fingered turner.
Charles

Fibonacci

I use them to store tiny machine screws or electronic parts.

They work great as project bags. This big one holds all the little ones associated with a project. I will have a bag of resistors, a bag of transistors, other little parts, etc.

They still get out of hand, but I don't see a better way of keeping all the metal parts in a kit from chipping each other's platings.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Charles: You have to promise not to hate me for being an intellect or I won't tell you just how simple it is! Oh, All right, I'll tell you. I'm not telling you this to make me look smart or to make you look like a Moron, I just happened to get P***** off one day and tried something different. When I try to open them like you are supposed to, the top tears, or I can't get hold of both ears, or AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH! Here's how! At the interlocking seal, put your thumb over one side and your index finger over the other side. Press very firmly and move your thumb and finger in opposite directions. Kinda like you are trying to get a booger off your finger. One side will slip in the other side and cause the closure to pucker kinda like this. :befuddled:eek:r this:yin-yang: If your fingers are too dry and slip on the bag and won't cause it to pucker, lick your fingers and try again. (only if you don't have a booger on them) Really, it does work!:wink:

GoatRider

Charles: You have to promise not to hate me for being an intellect or I won't tell you just how simple it is! Oh, All right, I'll tell you. I'm not telling you this to make me look smart or to make you look like a Moron, I just happened to get P***** off one day and tried something different. When I try to open them like you are supposed to, the top tears, or I can't get hold of both ears, or AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH! Here's how! At the interlocking seal, put your thumb over one side and your index finger over the other side. Press very firmly and move your thumb and finger in opposite directions. Kinda like you are trying to get a booger off your finger. One side will slip in the other side and cause the closure to pucker kinda like this. :befuddled:eek:r this:yin-yang: If your fingers are too dry and slip on the bag and won't cause it to pucker, lick your fingers and try again. (only if you don't have a booger on them) Really, it does work!:wink:
Yah, that's how I do it. Good description.

76winger

Other than a pair of sharp scissors, just how do you get the little ........ things open easily? Another ham fisted big fingered turner.
Charles

On the little ones for individual parts, I just tear the tops off. The bigger ones I've been keeping for God knows what.

nava1uni

I use them to store things like saw dust, small parts. The larger one I punch a hole in and keep cut up sand paper in various grits for use while turning. If you punch a hole then you can hang them up to store things. When they get to be too much I recycle them at a local hardware store.

Papo

Here it goes if you are keeping them with the intention that some day I will use them
consider yourself a hoarder.:) NOT MEEEEE ahhh ahhhh

JRay8

the large ones i put my woodworking label on and put the finished pen back in it. every pen comes with a free protective pouch! ;)
the little ones are trash.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I've been giving them to my youngest grand daughter for years. She loves them for keeping "her stuff" in. Her mother hates them. :biggrin:

great12b4ever

If you have a wet sander , put some earth magnets in a few of them, seal, and plop in the water holder. That way the iron from your tools that you are sharpening will adhere to the plastic bag withs the magents and you can pull out the magents, throw the bags away, and put the magnets in new fresh bags. My water stays a lot cleaner this way and I don't have to clean it out as often.

bitshird

Charles

Charles, I just rip the suckers open. May not be pretty but I want the part, and the plastic is SOOOO Thinnnnnnnnn a man with large fingers can't pull them open. But the do work OK for putting on CA in a pinch, you can get a pretty smooth coat that way.

Top Bottom