Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Please specify what it is)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I chose other only because I don't sell more of one than another. My distribution has been fairly even... not counting the large RBs and FPs like Gents, Stateman and Emperors. Haven't sold too many of those yet.

mrcook4570

I assume you mean quantity. In that regard, it would be the ol' slimline. However, if you are talking about largest percentage of sales ($) it would be the baron/jr gent.

wayneis

Jake you really can't use what others sell as a benchmark for yourself. From what I've seen in the years that I've been making pens is that what some sell lots of you may not be able give away. It depends on you and your customer. Some penmakers only sell slimlines, I on the other hand can't give them away. Part of it is that I don't like maiking them, in many cases what you will sell the most of is more what you are best at selling. Its more your salesmanship than anything in my opinion. You have to build your customer base and what you sell them depends on what they can afford to buy. You will find that we have some here that sell mostly to Doctors and Lawyers and others that sell mostly to the Nurses and Orderlies. Hopefully at least some of my rambleing helped.

Wayne

ashaw

I have three top sellers:
My sales in all three have been very close so it's a tie.
1. Cigar
2. Statesman
3. Baron

So far I have been get go input on the emperior no sales yet, just some bites. I know in the 3 qtr of the year whether this pen will sell. 25% of my sales on fountain pens the rest are divided between roller balls and ball points.

Alan

robby4570

I've sold mostly slimline, classic american ballpoints close on their heels, screwcap rollerballs and fountain pens next, wall street 1 and wall street 2 (sierra) and toothpick holders, cigars, and tool pens in that order, all in double digit sales numbers. We have only done one show, a small one at the hospital where my wife works for the employees to sell their crafts at Christmas time.

Daniel

I clicked other, from my wed site it is neck and neck between the gent and the Americana. the americana is due in large to two huge customers I have for those pens. fountain pens no less.
while showing them in person I generally sell the ones I like the best whatever they are. maybe I present them with just a little different attitude or something but I do notice it is much easier to sell the ones I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom