What pairs with...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JRay8

JRay8

Looking to make a cremation urn and want to use birds eye maple and was unsure what would pair well with it. Likely doing a frame and panel style box. It's for a woman so I wanted to steer away from darker/masculine looking woods. Any ideas?

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Why are you worried about dark woods? Aren't the ladies the ones spearheading the dark kitchens, floors and furniture? I've rarely met a woman that didn't want to stain wood darker.

You can add cherry to your list to consider but I think curly / fiddleback / tiger stripe maple for the frame and your Birdseye for the panels is a beautiful combination of woods.

Loucurr

Why are you worried about dark woods? Aren't the ladies the ones spearheading the dark kitchens, floors and furniture? I've rarely met a woman that didn't want to stain wood darker.

I agree with Pete...I wanted lighter wood floors and my wife wanted the darker color...guess what color the floors are?

I would add that maybe a nice frame with some real bright FBE might pop.

rossvh

Looking to make a cremation urn and want to use birds eye maple and was unsure what would pair well with it. Likely doing a frame and panel style box. It's for a woman so I wanted to steer away from darker/masculine looking woods. Any ideas?

Jim
How about Padauk?

Top Bottom