What is wrong with this pictures?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

:confused: Mystery Pen Parts (4).jpg

Mystery Pen Parts (2).jpg

Mystery Pen Parts (3).jpg

Mystery Pen Parts (1).jpg

This set was given to me. I cannot figure out how to get the centering part to be part of this operation. the transmission screws into the smaller end of the center ring but does NOT screw into the bottom. The bottom will NOT fitinto the body of the pen. Is the part between the body and the transmission wrong? At my age there usually is a simple answer. It is like the forest and trees scenario. Confused in Crosby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

John

I am not positive, but I think you have one piece backwards. The mechanism should screw in from the opposite direction. The female threaded part should be inserted into the clip, with the lip holding it in place. It should slide into the tube/barrel holding the clip in place and the threads should be away from the finial. At least that is how it appears to me.

Hope I am not steering you wrong!

Jgrden

John

I am not positive, but I think you have one piece backwards. The mechanism should screw in from the opposite direction. The female threaded part should be inserted into the clip, with the lip holding it in place. It should slide into the tube/barrel holding the clip in place and the threads should be away from the finial. At least that is how it appears to me.

Hope I am not steering you wrong!

I agree. I have reversed that center portion and tried to screw the transmission into it. It seems very obvious but the darned thing will not screw into it. It easily screws into the smaller portion. The wide part will not fit into the pend body. It just seems like the wrong part in the set. It is logical that it ve reversed. I wonder if the threads are stripped or something. thank you for sharing. But. I agree. What you said makes sense.

JohnU

Yea I agree with above, in the first picture, put the small end of the 2nd piece from the left through the tin of the clip and seat it in the blank on top. The transmission should thread in through the larger part and then the top seat on to of the transmission, or at least that's how I've done them in the past. May be a thread issue. Good luck!

Jgrden

Yea I agree with above, in the first picture, put the small end of the 2nd piece from the left through the tin of the clip and seat it in the blank on top. The transmission should thread in through the larger part and then the top seat on to of the transmission, or at least that's how I've done them in the past. May be a thread issue. Good luck!

Yup, you are right. I tried it tonight and it will not go. The transmission will not enter the large end and even if it did it is out of proportion. Thanks for all your help. I think it is a loss. If anyone would like to take a try at it,give me your address and it will go out in cheap mail.
thank you,
John

Top Bottom