Woodworking Show in NJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

For all those big boys that want to play with some toys, just a reminder that the Woodworking show is coming to NJ

Somerset
February 19-21, 2016

Friday 12-6; Saturday 10-6; Sunday 10-3

Garden State Exhibit Center Exhibit Hall
50 Atrium Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873

I will be there on Friday. I go to droll over all the Festool tools that I can not afford. One of these days that Kapex miter saw is coming home with me:biggrin:

jttheclockman

Well I did go to the woodworking show today and as usual the amount of vendors once again fell off. But I did pick up my usual supply's such as Nitrile gloves, some Titebond glue and some sandpaper packages. Decent prices. I also bought a board of walnut. It was 5/4 S2 stock 12" X 9' premium grade A+ $90 If I had to select the tree and cut it myself i would not find a board like this. Got some walnut last year also. Always like to check the wood vendors first thing and select the premium pieces before they are picked through. I was sort of looking for the veneer guy this year but he did not show.

Walked around and once again drolled in the Festool booth I love the Kapex miter saw but can not pull the trigger at $1500. Another year goes by without one. that is one sweet tool. Nothing earth shattering as far as prices on power tools. You could have matched basically all the prices on line. Got to see and play with them though.

Plenty of clubs there. Turner's clubs scroll saw and marquetry clubs, and some woodworking clubs. Enjoyed chatting and watch and lurking at some of their projects.

Ran into a guy that made cue sticks. His work was fantastic. He was selling $2000 cues that easily could have gone much higher. What caught my eye to him was he one there that had a stainless steel braiding wrapped around the butt handle. I talked to him and explained I make pens with that design and it was really cool. We exchanged cards and you never know something could come from it. I got a few ideas too.

Anyway all in all it was a great day and even the weather was good this year. Last year it snowed. I remember the guy that has one of those portable bandsaws that cut slabs from trees was outside all day. Today he had a much better day and a bigger crowd. Makes it look so easy.

Top Bottom