Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Oh heck NO, on the H2O

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
This is the question I propose to you all. I know what I do and it works for me. I am just curious to get sampling of the general population around here. Do you wet sand your pieces (pens) or dry sand them? Some may use both, but for the purpose of this poll if you include it at all in your process please vote for the H2O.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

I wet sand EVERYTHING that's not wood. I'm pretty heavy-handed, so it helps keep the heat down and I think it produces a superior finish. YMMV. I also wet sand CA finished wood for the same reasons. After all, a CA finish is technically a plastic coating.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wet. Everything....plastic,metal or wood
Of course once there are several coats of CA on the wood first:wink:

Bare wood dry, other than that always wet I think it works better. Then what do I know I think TV wrestling is real.:biggrin: Santa isn't but the easter bunny is.:rotfl:

JohnU

I never used to wet sand until recently. I was amazed at how much nicer it turned out and had very little to buff unlike before trying to buff out the light scratches. It has also saved on my micro mesh life. Of course I dry sand naked wood but my micro mesh only works wet now.

Mr Vic

Wet with a ciuple drops of dish soap added to the water conatiner. This time of year I microwave on high for 1 minute before use.........Ice cubes don't san so good!

Chief Hill

WET WET WET...... I only do a quick dry light sand before applying CA then, 0000 Steel wool on the CA before going to a wet MM 12000.

Top Bottom