Wedding pen help..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligget

Hi, my neighbour is getting married soon and I thought I would make them a wedding pen.
My problem is, what material should I use for the barrels?
Thanks in advance!
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Mark, I prefer to make mine with white acrylic, but I've seen some nice ones done in Holly. I've been using the crushed white from Martin, but it's only 5/8" so it's only good for pens up to Baron and Jr. Gent size.

Here's what the crushed white looked like before I had it engraved. I forgot to take a photo after.

20075922822_americanaTN_white_acrylic.jpg
<br />

CaptG

Hi Mark, I gotta agree with Billy on the lighter colors for wedding pens. CSUSA has several sizes and lighter patterns in trustone. Bianco Nero, White Web, and others. Might be worth a look. Good luck.

broitblat

I've done a couple in white pearl acrylic (remember to paint the inside of the hole) that I thought turned out well. One I had engraved with the couple's names in gold. The gold didn't turn out to be very visible, so I think I'd use a darker color next time.

I haven't specifically used it for a wedding pen, but alternative ivory is a nice white as well (and you don't need to paint the tubes).

You minght also consider some of the filligree style pens.

-Barry

JimGo

Another option is the Blanco Nero TruStone. Not a pure white like some have suggested, but it's a very interesting material and certainly eye catching.

Snazzypens

I made a wedding pen this week. have a look in show off your pens. I used cow shin bone and an ostrich feather
hth
Toni

fiferb

Here's the one I made out of alternative ivory for my sons wedding this coming Sunday. Kallenshaan Woods did the engraving. I have to agree about the gold colorfill, I would use something darker instead.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20074612758_Wedding%20Pen%20Enhanced.jpg
<br />

JimGo

Of course, Mark, you HAVE to post a pic now!

Are there any trees that have a special meaning locally, to Scottland (assuming they're in Scottland - you guys don't leave that island, do you? [;)]), or to the couple? That's also something to consider.

Ligget

Thanks for all your help, Billy B beautiful pen. Richard thanks for the holly offer I will keep that in mind, Bruce fantastic pen too.
Richard I can get stuff from AS when I need it thanks to a good friend and member of this group, the mother of pearl is cool.
Jim - I will post a pic "honest" lol[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom