Waterlox

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wheaties

Wheaties

Is Waterlox worth the price tag for finishing small furniture pieces (chests, tables, etc.)?

Reason I ask is for some Cedar chests I'm making. In another thread I was recommended Waterlox and I've never used it. Then I saw the price! Compared to what I've used in the past this is spendy. Hopefully this is one of those "you get what you pay for" things.

Any input would be greatly appreciated before I lay down the cash to try it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

neubee

I used multiple coats of Waterlox on a cutom coffee table and it has held up well. Unfortunately once exposed to air the contents solidify. I have no problems with the finish but I would purchase the smallest can as it does not have a long shelf life.

I use the Marine Waterlox on my Higher end duck and goose calls and at first was hesitant due to the price. Now after a year or so of using it I can say IMHO it is a superior product that gives you a high deep long lasting shine. So far it has also held up very well to the everyday abuse of hunting so to me yes it is worth the money.

Wheaties

Does it require any extra buffing or rubbing? I guess I was wondering how much work it takes to make it look good.

Wheaties

Been reviewing their site. If I want a high gloss finish, do I have to buy the original sealer/finish and also the high gloss finish? Or can I get just the high gloss finish- do I need the sealer?

Top Bottom