Water in my compressor line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Stupid question but which end to you put the water catch on. Does it go near the tool end or the compressor end?

I was blowing shavings off the lathe yesterday and got a LOT of water spraying out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I have the trap on the compressor end; at the lowest point of the hard lines (Pipe mounted to walls) I also have another dryer I use when I'm spraying any kind of finish, it connects to the source then to my spray gun.

I also have an automatic drain on the compressor tank.

PTsideshow

The oranges ball traps are place at the tool end. I use them on anything is moisture sensitive. the cream olor long ones are the descant dryers that the material changes color and you can dry it in the micro wave.
The tall blue one is the regular that is on my compressor. and the short fat one is the motor guard filter. Use only real replacement cartridges as people that use the TP rolls find out when they get wet they fall a part and you end up with a mess. I use that on my plasma cutter and on the hose if it is high humidity.
Motor Guard: Air Management
:clown:

Attachments

• DSCF9118.jpg
    DSCF9118.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF9120.jpg
    DSCF9120.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 199
  • blaster9.jpg
    blaster9.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 171
  • blaster10.JPG
    blaster10.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 252

Haynie

Cool. Thanks folks. Never worried about it before because it was not an issue as far as I knew. It is now for some reason.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I have a Harbor Freight desicant drier that cost $25 and have never had an issue with condensation in the lines even when I'm airbrushing. Drain the tank once a week if you useit daily or less often if not as much. I used to sell compressors and driers and, for the home shop, this is a good as the pricey ones. Install it above the outlet line on the compressor, say on the wall at 4' high and you're good to go.
WB

robutacion

All compressors suck moisture from the air and transform it into liquid inside the tank, this is the reason why all tanks have a water bleeding/draining valve, at the very bottom of the tank, (air reservoir).

This water has to be drained regularly, more if you are in humid locations.

When the water reaches a certain volume, it is pushed into the hoses and comes out at the end as a spray. If the compressor has a good water filter, no water should pass that filter but condensation can build inside the hoses and be pushed out when air is used, this is why, for painting or use of a spray gun, another quality filter should be as close as possible to the spray gun however, the compressors should be drained regularly to void excessive water inside the main tank...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom