Washington, DC area members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I'm making plans to be in Washington, DC for July 4th and looking for a good RV park. What is the best area to stay? North or south of DC? Any parks to stay away from?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Monty,
We only tent camped about 3 decades ago in our past lives ( we were both previously married then but all went camping together:eek:) but there are a few here that list Rv sites. Here is a screen shot.

Take note that getting into and out of DC as well as parking will be a saga you can tell your grand kids about...and then they can pass it down through generations.... Been there for the bicentennial.....never went back. Now, we watch them on TV!

Now, Have a great time! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 135

jrecord

A few years ago we stayed at the Cherry Hill Park Campground in College Park, Maryland. It is just outside of DC. There is a local bus to the Metro station, but it is slow so we usually drove our toad to the Metro. Check them out.

Crashmph

That really depends on what you want to do while here and where you want to go while here as well. What are some your planned visits.

Just a piece of advice from a local, avoid I-95 south of the beltway in you planned area to stay. It is really a crap shoot on traffic, and it tends to lean mostly to the worst.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I know it will be a popular weekend. I plan on bring in DC July 3-6. Planning on taking in the Smithsonian, Library of Congress, White House etc and would like to be on the mall on July 4. I would like an RV park with public transportation to the afore mentioned spots.

TBCbushings

If you want to do the white house you need to write your congressman and they do a background check on all the people in your group. Takes a few months to set that up..DHMHIKT....OH AND DONT TOUCH THE WALLS IN THE GREEN ROOM!!! Lol
Took us 4 months to do the white house. You get a time slot to get in...still really cool though..

Last edited:
Top Bottom