was just playing.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodWizard

WoodWizard

I was just playing around with this piece of tulip wood ...with some small straight segmenting...i cut up a diet Mt dew can...and when i glued it together...I didn't make sure the grain lined up....so this is what I got. I made it into a key chain....I'm happy with how the aluminum looked though...so it wasn't a total fail job http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/Gethenet/?action=view&current=101_6244.jpg
first time trying a ca finish too.....not happy with that either....

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Looks to be a bit rough in the match at the ends -- but one measures progress in increments in wood turning. Looks to be CA glue. Some discussion on another forum from a bag pipe builder is that his best success with metal and wood has been with the polyethelyene glues (Gorilla Glue and the like) -

Finish looks good in the photo, but the fingers test counts -- how does it feel in the hands??

Chuck Key

Shortcut:

I was just playing around with this piece of tulip wood ...with some small straight segmenting...i cut up a diet Mt dew can...and when i glued it together...I didn't make sure the grain lined up....so this is what I got. I made it into a key chain....I'm happy with how the aluminum looked though...so it wasn't a total fail job
101_6244.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/Gethenet/?action=view&current=101_6244.jpg
first time trying a ca finish too.....not happy with that either....

DozerMite

Banned
Some discussion on another forum from a bag pipe builder is that his best success with metal and wood has been with the polyethelyene glues (Gorilla Glue and the like) -

Polyethylene is a plastic. Gorilla glue is a urethane glue. They also have an epoxy that works very well. :wink:

WoodWizard

well im not sure how....but i got a great ca finish...on a pen i just did. This is how I did it....blo....then THIN ca (only thing i had)...blo......ca......blo.....ca....blo.....then i did EEE....then White diamond. after i did the white diamond....it seemed to not have the glossy look it had before....so i did blo again...and another coat of ca. ....wife stole the camera....but when she gets home...I will send a picture. it worked for me...so i will continue to do it this way

Top Bottom