Walnut boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking little boxes... I need to try one soon... I need to work on making my lids fit better... that's still a work in progress.....
I have two truck loads of Walnut that I need to get worked up...
The wood in the truck is from North of Knoxville and grew alongside a horse lot... sometimes when I turn it, I can smell the horses...
The tree laying in the field is from a farm up in Sweetwater, northwest of me and is still stacked outside at the end of my shop... I didn't get pictures of it in the truck... This tree is about a foot in diameter... a little smaller than the one from the horse lot.

Attachments

• Black Walnut_1.jpg
    Black Walnut_1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Black Walnut_2.jpg
    Black Walnut_2.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Walnut tree in Sweetwater.jpg
    Walnut tree in Sweetwater.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 203

stonepecker

Beautiful looking boxes.......great finish on them both.

If you don't like the sent of hourses.......try rubbing the wood down with "Freebreeze" and letting dry. It might just help.
For me, it does when the 'smell' of the wood gets to strong.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking boxes.......great finish on them both.

If you don't like the sent of hourses.......try rubbing the wood down with "Freebreeze" and letting dry. It might just help.
For me, it does when the 'smell' of the wood gets to strong.

Nah... I guess the farmboy is coming back some... I don't mind the smell of horses at all.

I did have a chunk of rainbow poplar (at least that's what the store called it... it was black, wet and heavy) that smelled like puke.... made a couple of beautiful pepper mills after I got it dry enough to kill the smell... it also drew flies like you wouldn't believe... my neighbor has a cow pasture just across his driveway from my property and I guess the flies liked the smell of the wood better than that of the cow patties.

Top Bottom