Vintage Shaving Brush question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I inherited some of my grandfather's shaving stuff- a razor strope, straight razor, and this shaving brush. It's an ever ready t100, sterilized, made in USA, brush. I have no idea how old it is. Should I refurbish it or leave it as it is. Any tips on how to refurbish?

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dangre

I inherited some of my grandfather's shaving stuff- a razor strope, straight razor, and this shaving brush. It's an ever ready t100, sterilized, made in USA, brush. I have no idea how old it is. Should I refurbish it or leave it as it is. Any tips on how to refurbish?

Sign up with Badger & Blade then ask the question here. But yes, it is worth re-knotting and I believe it's 100T. A boar brush probably from the 1930's. It's assumed that their model numbers were based on price, therefore your brush sold for $1.00 at the time. Also, allegedly, the "T" stood for "T"wo color. Something handed down from your Grandfather that you can refurbish and use, well, that's just priceless. Go for it.

Dan

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Sign up with Badger & Blade then ask the question here. But yes, it is worth re-knotting and I believe it's 100T. A boar brush probably from the 1930's. It's assumed that their model numbers were based on price, therefore your brush sold for $1.00 at the time. Also, allegedly, the "T" stood for "T"wo color. Something handed down from your Grandfather that you can refurbish and use, well, that's just priceless. Go for it.

Dan

Thank you for the great info, I will check out the forum. You are correct the number is 100T. I took a closer look at the straight razor, it is a hboker&co "World's Columbian Esposition Chicago 1893" razor. I found this when I googled it:

H. Boker & Co World's Columbian Exposition Straight Razor - Vintage Straight Razor

Grandpa's razor has been heavily used and I do not have the original box but it is priceless to me. His strop was also heavily used, it did double duty. Not only kept the razor sharp but kept my Dad and his siblings in line. The razor predates Grandpa so I wonder where he got it. I need to oil the razor up and put leather conditioner on the strop and come up with a cool way to display this stuff.

image.jpg

dangre

Top Bottom