Veterans groups?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I have also found that local Legions or VFW's hold drawings or silent auctions at different times of the year.
Donating pens for them to sell, is a great way to help the local Vets. And at times, even a better way to get your name out there to the members.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Good suggestions by Mark & Wayne.

I've donated pens both to Gary's project on this forum and also to the Freedom Pens Project at the Sawmill Creek Forum: How to get started with the project? - Page 3

I've also donated pens for Christmas packages that our church sends to active duty servicemen and to local Wounded Warrior fundraiser events.

Woodcraft stores sometimes hold pen turning events for servicemen, so if there is a local Woodcraft store nearby, you might also check with them for their next event.

Skeels

I've been wondering this myself. Win a vet myself I enjoy helpin outmuscled fellow brothers and sisters... Even if it is just a pen. I actually planned on sending a bunch to my cousins battalion the next time he deploys. He's been bac stateside for a few weeks so it should be any day now... Since he's had his own command it seems like he's spent more time in the sandbox than home lol. If anyone would like to "donate" directly to our boys and girls over seas I have plenty of contacts in most branches that we could send to. Was kinda my plan anyway...

Skeels

I need to start proof reading lol...I meant to type "bein a vet" not win a vet... And "help out my fellow" not outmuscle lol

Last edited:

qquake

I've been wondering this myself. Win a vet myself I enjoy helpin outmuscled fellow brothers and sisters... Even if it is just a pen. I actually planned on sending a bunch to my cousins battalion the next time he deploys. He's been bac stateside for a few weeks so it should be any day now... Since he's had his own command it seems like he's spent more time in the sandbox than home lol. If anyone would like to "donate" directly to our boys and girls over seas I have plenty of contacts in most branches that we could send to. Was kinda my plan anyway...

When you say "donate directly", do you mean to individual soldiers? Do you have APO addresses?

Skeels

When you say "donate directly", do you mean to individual soldiers? Do you have APO addresses?

Pretty much yea. As individuals we can't send to a squadron any more, or at least it's been that way the past year or so. This was my plan, I was gonna burn out "x amount" of pens and the first run I was gonna send to my cousin the next time he deploys. He's a commander of an army tank battalion so he's got a bunch of guys and gals under him. Then just have him disperse them to his troops. Second batch I was just gonna hit up my flight chief or one of my commanders the next time they deploy and have them do the same. 3rd batch hit up my sister in law the next time she deploys (USMC) and get her to do the same. 4th run hit up an old navy buddy of mine and do the same for them. And the same for the Coasties.
Plan wasn't really to gets bunch of folks to ban together and then me send everyone stuff out, just something I was personally gonna do on my own. I know the kind of sacrifices we have to go through so I like to give back as much as I can just to let them know that some of us care about them. If anyone's interested u can pop me a message and I can let u know when I'm sending some out.

Top Bottom