Refreshing a finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tiger

i have pens that have had a CA finish on them. They still have a nice gloss, does anyone ever refresh the finish with a buff or wax or anything else? These particular pens were turned some time ago probably 3 years ago.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I bought this "kit" only two months ago. I bought it for "re-finishing" assembled pens. I have used it 3 times, and I would give it a fair rating. However, the YouTube demo was pretty impressive. I may try it with a buffing wheel on a Dremel.

With the help of a family friend (who is actually a nuclear physicist and professional diamond/jewelry polisher), he advised me that I had tried all that he was aware of other than flame and vapor polishing. I actually toyed with the idea of vapor polishing - but did not want to expose myself to the risks.

OZturner

If the existing CA finish is good as you say, and you wish to "Refresh" the pen, I would just use a little Renaissance Wax, smear a little on and briskly wipe it off.
Works for me, it Gives a High Sheen, Resists Finger Marks, and also Gives a Great tactile Feel.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom