Vertex Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Built a Vertex over the weekend for my son. I didn't check the tube to verify the length before I Glued up the blank. It was straight out of the kit, so you would think it would of been right. Ended up being a 1/4" short. Anybody tried disassembling one of these pens yet? I think its pretty much impossible with damaging the click mechanism. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

You drop it out of your pocket, it gets run over and wala easy to disassemble. I just pulled the nib and cap off, straightened the refill a little and now when I get to it I will build a new body!

Attachments

• 400_1629.jpg
    400_1629.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 246

Mark

If you glued the click assembly end into the tube, you could try wrapping it in leather and using a pair of pliers to break it loose. I didn't glue mine in, I just twisted it back out by hand, when my click mechanism turned out to be broken.

What makes you think it is short? Just a question, I'm not being critical...

reddwil

Mark,
The refill did not stick threw the tip when clicked. I built two at the same time, the other worked fine. A side by side comparison showed the one to be shorter, then I compared it two another new tube form another kit. It was short

wow sounds like you and I are having similar problems. My first pen (literally my first pen I made is the vertex) worked perfectly. My third pen, a vertex the tip would not come out at all so I put the tip end in my press and the upper part with the little white threadsjust outside the press and squeezed it together more. It worked but clicks very rough and does not stay opened half the time.
I wonder if there is a problem with the kit can`t really sell it so I am stuck with a vertex kit with a really nice body on it.
Do you think they would replace it some how some way?

Top Bottom