Vendor Rave - Penn State Ind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodchuckcuda

I had an issue with a recent order with Penn State Industries. I ordered about $200 worth of pen making goodies which included a package on a bunch of blanks that had to go USPS. The balance went UPS ground.

UPS delivery was flawless.

I received an e-mail from USPS indicating that my USPS delivery was delivered. When I arrived home and picked up the mail, there was no heavy "box o' wood". Beginning to panic, as I saw my next 3 months covered in paperwork trying to describe my issue with the US Postal Service to no avail, I sent Penn State Customer Service an e-mail explaining my delima. Judy responded, saying she would look into it. It took a little over a week, but the wood never showed up and I'm sure Penn State has not received any suitable response from the USPS. Someone's going to take a loss here.

I agreed to pay the freight difference to ship UPS ground and they agreed to ship me out another box of blanks today at no additional charge.

Bottom line... they did not have to do this. They could have placed the blame where it belonged, on the carrier and make me wait for months to find out their records show the "it was delivered". Instead, they corrected the problem, mostly at their expense.

When a supplier takes it "in the shorts" for customer good will, I believe i needs to be rewarded.

I wanted everyone to know about this event as we do not always have vendors that will go over the line for us. Penn State Industries will be getting my next order.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Thanks Chuck. It is good to hear a positive post about a vendor that so many others have had problems with. I have not ordered pen stuff from them but I used to order my clock items from them and had no troubles.

Chasper

For a volume user like Penn State, the typical shippng method is to use a logistics consolidator to pick up packages, sort them into regions and deliver them to USPS for final delivery. As users we are told that the package is coming by USPS and they are the final delivery carrier. The advantage to this is that USPS has a concentric zone rate chart, the closer to the delivery destination that they receive the package, the less they charge. If the package arrives at the local post office for delivery they rate is less than if they need to ship it across country.

When USPS gets the package locally, they do a great job getting it delivered, sometimes it is the consolidators who ship it to the wrong side of the country and they can take forever to fix and error. If it has been 7-10 days and the package has not been delivered, the shipper might as well reship at no charge because it probably won't get there.

rlharding

I have always ordered my PSI supplies through Woodtunringz. This way I have paid the next price savings level, e.g I item is $23 5-10 is $20. If I order 1 item I pay the price for 5.

redfishsc

This is good. I really like PSI's tooling and chucks (I don't use their kits much, though the Majestic gets raves from my customers).

Thanks for the rave. So often we just rant.

toolcrazy

I've dealt with PSI a few times and when they did screw up, they took care of it quickly. But, after my last encounter with their pen kits, I will not buy anymore, ever. But I have no complaints with their other products I have purchased.

Gary Max

I have bought from them several times last year and they where always good folks to deal with ---they did not screw up any of my orders. Always real nice never in a hurry --as a matter of fact they went out of there way to help me with a some parts I needed. I will not mess with their resalers.

Top Bottom