Using My Dremel on My Hercus for Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

I made and developed this method of holding a Dremel Tool by using an Aluminium extrusion used by truck body tailgate people to hinge the rear tailgate. The extrusion is almost perfect for the purpose. Then made a 60mm round Alumimium bbase with a half Dovetail under side to fit where the Tool rest normally goes with a Corian spacer all drilled and tapped together.

With this fitted I cut pen brasses, with the Lathe running as well.
I use the same cut off black disk to cut grooves for circlips on Stainless and other metals.

Rather than contaminate Skippies post it can be used with a grinding attachment in the Dremel to centre chucks as well as numerous other tasks.

Regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 841
  • DSCF0007 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0007 [640x480].JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 659
  • DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,102

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow Peter!!! Is that the lathe that Noah used to build the Ark???:eek::biggrin:
Looks older than both of our ages put together!!!:tongue:
Just kidding!!:biggrin:

I'm sure Skippy won't mind you or anyone else contaminating his thread. I believe he only gets upset when threads get plagued with adverts.:wink::biggrin:

To get the hole in your aluminium tool holder, did you bore it out in situ on the lathe to ensure the correct centre height? If so, how did you increase the diameter of the hole as you were making it?

PenPal

Disparaging remarks about my 1967 Hercus when I cleaned it up specially really it is one of my best assets but I know you would rather say age things about the lathe than the 1934 model owner. The Aluminium extrusion is sliced of a length as is. The post height was contolled by the 60 mm round base turned on said lathe after measurenent of the Corian plate in between. Goodaye mate.

Regards Peter.

Top Bottom