Now I'm in trouble...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Went shopping yesterday at HF. Bought a compressor and a pressure pot. $150-ish for both. I love me some coupons!

This compressor.

After pulling the pickup tube out (it just unscrewed for me) and plugging the hole, pulling and re-taping all the fittings, cleaning up the seal, etc, the tank held 40psi overnight. And, (this blew my mind), both gauges match! When the compressor outlet pressure reads 40psi, so does the pot!

Couple things are different between this pot and the older ones I've seen. As I said, the pickup tube just unscrewed. The outlet for the air has a deflector that throws the air to the sides instead of straight down. Didn't have to replace it with an elbow.

Now I'm really in trouble.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gallianp

Sounds like you are setup! Now show us the results. :)

Your avatar is a great improvement -- thanks - my head is no longer bobbing.

DurocShark

Pics!

The pressure pot:

pp.jpg

The lid with its brass plug. (The pickup tube was easy to unthread... Hmm...) Mine also came with an air deflector. Sweet.

pplid.jpg

The compressor:

compressor.jpg

And the quick and dirty insert I just made to hold my pipe molds:

ppinsert01.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe I know what you have done with your "hard earned mining gains"!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Get back to mining soon!!!!

DurocShark

I believe I know what you have done with your "hard earned mining gains"!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Get back to mining soon!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It's been too cold to cast without pressure. I can't keep the resin warm long enough to make sure there are no bubbles. :mad:

Edward Cypher

Just a short hi from another mile high person. I hope to convert an old paint pot to a pressure pot in the near future just started turning and casting. Am a member of the Front Range Woodturners and Rocky Mountain Woodturners. Have fun with the new toys. It is finally suppose to warm up this week.

DurocShark

Yeah, it warmed up enough yesterday to get a couple batches going. Unfortunately, my wife's Exploder darn near did and is in the shop. $2k. Sigh...

Top Bottom