Uses for Antler bits and pieces?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papNal

papNal

I'm starting to accumulate a lot of small pieces of antler:points of prongs, Larger base pieces etc. What are some neat goodies to make out of these scraps? Can't stand to throw them away.:rolleyes: Key rings,light and fan pulls,refrig.magnets. What else? Thanks John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

John you can make key rings and I have made a few earrings
and light pulls. Hope this helps. I could not find photos of the earrings.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 158
  • keyring4.JPG
    keyring4.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 138

Russell Eaton

This is a pen stand that I made with some of my scraps and a piece of Cedar. You can also put one on each end, I have done that as well, they make a good combo sale. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 172

reddwil

I made a bunch of ear rings fro the women folk for Christmas. I sliced dime sized pieces and used the dremel and cut crosses and other designs in them. You can buy the ear ring hooks and wire at hobby lobby. Inch long tips make good ones to. With the burls, I carve crosses or deer/ turkey tracks and make choker necklaces out of them

papNal

I made a bunch of ear rings fro the women folk for Christmas. I sliced dime sized pieces and used the dremel and cut crosses and other designs in them. You can buy the ear ring hooks and wire at hobby lobby. Inch long tips make good ones to. With the burls, I carve crosses or deer/ turkey tracks and make choker necklaces out of them

Good ideas,how do you polish or buff out your pieces? John

papNal

This is a pen stand that I made with some of my scraps and a piece of Cedar. You can also put one on each end, I have done that as well, they make a good combo sale. Russell

Thanks Russel,thats a good idea too.I had thought about putting a pen holder in a large sized butt section off a big antler,but had not thought about using the small forks.Everyone has GREAT ideas and I'm grateful. John

Top Bottom