Up-side down photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Lately the photos that i attach to my post are upside down. I have done nothing different from then they were posted correctly.

here are two photos one is upside down the other is done correctly. Can anyone tell me that's going on so i can correct it. thanks

bill

Attachments

• bb-55I.jpg
    bb-55I.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 221
  • booth photo Mill V.JPG
    booth photo Mill V.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

What camera are you using? I had this problem with my cell phone. It turned out to be the orientation I was holding the phone. Auto rotation was the problem. I had no idea which side was correct until I accidentally turned auto rotatio off. When I previewed the image on the computer the computer automatically oriented it. When I tried to post, it was upside down. So, if the booth image was taken with the cell phone that might be the issue. If both images were taken with the same camera I am clueless.

toddlajoie

Not sure if this would cause it or not, but the booth photo still has it's EXIF information intact (I.E. I can tell it was taken on 9/22/2013 at 3:05PM somewhere near the Mill Valley Public Library North of San Fransisco, with an IPhone 4, IOS Version 6.1.3, Flash set to fire always, and a bunch of other information, but you get the point...) while the pen photo has none of this information. I'm guessing you edited the pen photo in some application to crop and adjust it, while the booth photo may have remained unchanged from the camera data.

By the way, I'm guessing at the location, Your GPS coordinates acutally list the photo as being taken in the middle of the East China Sea, but I think it just did not record the negative value of the Longitude, -122;33 instead of 122;33, so unless you set your booth up on a ship that is searching for a missing plaine, I think instead you are north of San Fran...:biggrin: of course the information may be completely off also...

sbwertz

Download the picture to your pc. Is it upside down there? Download and install Picasa3 (free) Let Picasa load and index your pictures. See if it is upside down in Picasa. If it is, rotate it and re upload it to the forum.

Since it is a horizontal picture, you might have rotated the phone the wrong way when you took it. The software on the phone probably automatically orients it correctly when viewed on the phone, but it may be stored upside down.

Last edited:

Haynie

You will have to send it to yourself then open it in an editing software and manually rotate it. These darn Smart phones are not as smart as we want them to be sometimes.

OMG, I got sucked in! Sharon - I am viewing the pics with my desktop computer. The fp has the nib facing the left and it is resting on the cap. The booth pic is - YIKES! - now it's upside down! GREMLINS! I'm getting' out of town before the aliens arrive!!!!!

sbwertz

one the pen its a bb-55 North Carolina pen was photographed with my canon. The Booth shot was taken with my iPhone 4.

When you took the pic with your iphone, you rotated it from vertical to horizontal the wrong way, which resulted in you taking the picture upside down. But the iphone automatically corrected it for you, so you didn't know.

Pen-Archer

iPhones and iPads have a tendency to take pictures that show up upside down on a windows machine. I still haven't figured out how to take pictures that show up right side up on a windows machine. So I just have to rotate and resave the picture on a Windows machine before posting the picture.

Haynie

Rotate the phone the opposite direction from what you normally do and it will be right side up on a windows machine. I had to do that with my samsung gravity thingy.

Last edited:

joek30296

This is interesting. When I clicked on the booth the first time, it was upside down. Then I clicked on it again and it turned right side up. Go figure...

SteveJ

Not sure if this would cause it or not, but the booth photo still has it's EXIF information intact (I.E. I can tell it was taken on 9/22/2013 at 3:05PM somewhere near the Mill Valley Public Library North of San Fransisco, with an IPhone 4, IOS Version 6.1.3, Flash set to fire always, and a bunch of other information, but you get the point...) while the pen photo has none of this information. I'm guessing you edited the pen photo in some application to crop and adjust it, while the booth photo may have remained unchanged from the camera data.

By the way, I'm guessing at the location, Your GPS coordinates acutally list the photo as being taken in the middle of the East China Sea, but I think it just did not record the negative value of the Longitude, -122;33 instead of 122;33, so unless you set your booth up on a ship that is searching for a missing plaine, I think instead you are north of San Fran...:biggrin: of course the information may be completely off also...

I find it just a little bit creepy that so much information is included in the background of a picture...Might not want to post a picture of your kids without wiping out that info first!

Steve

sbwertz

This is interesting. When I clicked on the booth the first time, it was upside down. Then I clicked on it again and it turned right side up. Go figure...

You are right! if you open it a second time it will auto rotate and be right side up!

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
You didn't move your monitor and accidently put it back upside down did you?

Does the next line look normal or upside down?

(؛ xıɟ ǝldɯıs ¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'lɐɯɹou sʞool sıɥʇ ɟı

FOR the rest of you so you don't twist your necks and need to go to a chiroproctologist :wink:..

The line reads:

If this looks normal, your monitor is upside down! Simple fix ;)

Top Bottom