Sounds Like a Challenge to me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

So the other night, I was talking to my lovely wife on Skype. I told her that I had bought some pen components and also some Purple PVC, when she looks at me in the camera and says "I have upgraded your pen stuff box 3 times, this one is nearly 4x3 and almost full of blanks and components".

Is it just me or does that sound like she is telling me I should fill it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Allen_B

My wife did the same thing to me last week. I just dropped $600 on components. So.......I went online and ordered another $600 worth!! She likes the pens that I turn for her and she doesn't mind. If I were you I would just fill up another box.....LOL.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
So the other night, I was talking to my lovely wife on Skype. I told her that I had bought some pen components and also some Purple PVC, when she looks at me in the camera and says "I have upgraded your pen stuff box 3 times, this one is nearly 4x3 and almost full of blanks and components".

Is it just me or does that sound like she is telling me I should fill it?
Regardless, you might want to be careful, you do have a few things on order. Overflow it when you get home and she's so happy to have you back for awhile that she'll let you get away with about anything during the post-deployment honeymoon.....but make sure to take care of all the things on the "honey do" list also.

PS - I learned that from my Brother-in-Law was career Air Force (10 years US Navy 18 years USAF retired as E-8)

Last edited:

tbroye

Mike

Sorry about my comment forgot you are deployed. Please fill the box and enjoy when you get home. Thank for serving our country.

bruce119

That box is going to get filled....
Just go ahead and tell her you took the initiative to upgrade...
Thinking ahead and being prepared :rolleyes::wink:

Mike Powell

Mike

Sorry about my comment forgot you are deployed. Please fill the box and enjoy when you get home. Thank for serving our country.

No appologies needed my friend. It was taken as it was meant.

BUT, I do have to agree. She has told me 3 or 4 times now I need to stop, but when I tell her to watch the mail she doesnt say a word. I will hold off for a while, since I have some casting to do when I get home, and my Dad is also supposed to send me some cut cedar he got from somewhere to make some pens for him. Once I get the first 20 or so pens down, I will be looking at more.

SWMBO also knows that while I am here working 80 hours a week, looking at this site and other sites like Smitty's and Exotic, I get an itch that has to be scratched. She lets me run pretty free with this pen stuff while I am here, but since retirement is in my very near future, I'm sure she will rein me in pretty quick...

Top Bottom