Two elegant beauties

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DuncanH

DuncanH

Hi all, my first post here :embarrassed:. I've been staring in awe at the quality of the work people have done on here. I thought I'd put up a couple of pics up of my most recent pens (the only ones I have been truly happy with so far). The blanks are cocobolo and huon pine.

EBpens1.jpg

EBpens2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Oh those are gorgeous, I love that 'Huon Pine', I have a puzzlemaker friend from Australia who sent me a puzzle made from that wood and it is awesome! Great work!

VisExp

Very nice. The huon pine is particularly striking. If I might make one suggestion, the barrels look slightly concave. Try turning them with a very slight bulge about 2/3 of the way from the nib end. Your finish and photograph look very good.

DuncanH

Try turning them with a very slight bulge about 2/3 of the way from the nib end.
Yeah I think I may have been slightly too aggressive with my sanding. I'll go for a more convex barrel shape in future, thanks.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Last edited:

george

If I am not mistaken, this should be Aero pen from CSUSA. I wish to make one of this kind, and are deciding between Aero and Sierra, since they both look similar. Would some perhaps give me any suggestion on which kit to decide ?

Thank you.

DuncanH

Yes they do look like they are the 'Aero' pen. I personally prefer them over the Sierra style. They are slightly smaller and a bit more elegant in shape I think.

Top Bottom