Two Barons from Salvaged Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rangertrek

Rangertrek

The first photo is a Baron Gold Ti with 100+ year old Cypress from the clients old home place. It will be a present for his 78th birthday. He was born in the house the beam came from.

The second is a Baron Gold Ti with maple from a gym floor. This pen goes to a retiring school supt. He started with the school system 25+ years ago at the school where the gym floor was salvaged.

Most of the gym floor was straight grained. Found this piece that has some character.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• P148Be [800x600].JPG
    P148Be [800x600].JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 240
  • P149Be [800x600].JPG
    P149Be [800x600].JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 255
  • P149e [800x600].JPG
    P149e [800x600].JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YORKGUM

The first photo is a Baron Gold Ti with 100+ year old Cypress from the clients old home place. It will be a present for his 78th birthday. He was born in the house the beam came from.

The second is a Baron Gold Ti with maple from a gym floor. This pen goes to a retiring school supt. He started with the school system 25+ years ago at the school where the gym floor was salvaged.

Most of the gym floor was straight grained. Found this piece that has some character.
Thanks for looking!

Does the gym floor wood still have the smelly socking odor?

grub32

Very Nice John...I love making pens that have a personal meaning to someone. When I know how much it means to others before the pen is made, it warms my heart and makes me take greater care in its creation.

Grub32

angelofdeath

Great job on the pens...the recipients will love them, with all the meaning put into them. They will cherish your work for many years to come. Thanks for sharing the pics along with a story behind them.

Top Bottom