Home Brew colaboration-newlondon88 and me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Home Brew collaboration-newlondon88 and me

I visited Charlie today and we tried out one of his custom molds. Here is what we came up with. Alumilite & Pearlex. If you double click the image, you may get a larger photo.
1_Blue___Yellow__home_brew.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Beautiful, really pretty. The thing I wonder, does Alumilite shine up like PR? Up by the cap it looks a bit less shiny. It could be the pic, but I've heard and read that Al. does not polish up like glass, which PR does. Not a criticism at all, it's a lovely creation, just wondering in the event I ever play with Al.

I so wish I had someone really close that I could collaborate with. It sounds so...academic. Like 2 professors "collaborating". Right?

Dale

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
The photo isn't the best. Still working on it. The shine isn't as good as it can be. I find that although it hardens quickly, it shines better after a day of post curing. Maybe it's me, but it seems that way.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Might be my browser, but no photo is showing up. I wanted to see how it came out.
Alton did most of it, I just helped mix. It was looking terrible at first, then better, then
better still. He was taking it home to finish since we ran out of time.

Alton had some neat metallic powders but this was the first time mixing anything in
Alumilite. I think we needed to wait another minute before pouring the second and
third color as they tend to sink to the bottom. I guess the bronze powder was too
heavy.
Hmm ..I keep reloading, but still no photo

Top Bottom