Turning for Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

San Antonio had a good show up this weekend. I was only able to be there for about 2.5 hrs but I was able to get 3 pens made. When I left it looked like there were more than 40 pens in the box. There were also lots of new people showing up who never made pens before. It was fun watching them make their first pen.

Thanks to all those who went to WoodCraft this weekend and make some pens for the Troops :handshake:

Mr Vic

thanks for supporting the effort.

I went in the Colorado Springs store for a few hours today. Only got four pens turned but had a great time. There were 4 young men that were in the area for some Air Force training. They really had no clue what they were doing so I spent a lot of time mentoring. each of them completed 3 pens apiece by the time I left.

The employee that has the Sunday shift is a good friend and like me an Army Retiree so I plan to go in tomorrow to turn a few with him.

Charlie_W

I went up to our local Woodcraft as well as another club member. We both spent most of the day helping others.
Many were first time turners. We had a number of youth as well. All did a fine job on there pens! There were almost 30 pens in the box when I left.
As others mentioned, lots of fun and enjoyed working along the Woodcraft staff who were assisting.
We had 4 Delta midi lathes set up in the front of the store as there was a class in the classroom. A good location to catch folks coming and going.

Top Bottom