All's quiet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbroye

Checked in earlier this morning and all was quiet checked just now, no drama. Darn that mean I have go out and do something. I was going to go into the shop and turn a pen for Son Girll friend but I have to change door on her Toyota Highlander. Transfer all the stuff from damage door to new door and then install, I haven't done this in 13 years since I retired from installing emergency equipment onf CHP cars. Step one go out and move wife car out of garage and bring Toyota in and let it run with heater full blast to warm plastic on door panel so it doesn't break when trying to remove it while it is warming up consult manual on how to remove window and hardware.

Yesterday there was post by Roy about the new shipment of kits the George in Antique silver got my attention. Thinking of that with my Ukrainian Bog Oak I got a few weeks ago. Get the Toyota out of my hair. then see about pen making when it is raining on Sunday, need H2O and lots of it. Have a good day everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

".....let it run with heater full blast to warm plastic on door panel so it doesn't break when trying to remove it..."

What a great tip Tom! Once again I've learned something new. Is this a great place or what?
Cheers
Bob

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Tom, you can swing by the house. I'm building a 434ci small block chevy for the Hot Rod. I'm putting everything together tonight. I'm going to degree the cam and hopefully will be able to put it on the dyno tomorrow. There is lots you can learn :biggrin:

CREID

Tom, you can swing by the house. I'm building a 434ci small block chevy for the Hot Rod. I'm putting everything together tonight. I'm going to degree the cam and hopefully will be able to put it on the dyno tomorrow. There is lots you can learn :biggrin:

Are we gonna see you on street outlaws?

Curt

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

Are we gonna see you on street outlaws?

Curt

No Street Outlaws. It's going into a Dirt Modified. I'm taking it to the Dyno this morning. Best guess is about 1000 horsepower with no power adder's.

tbroye

Things aren't so quiet. That Toyota is giving me nothing but crap trying to move all the stuff from the damaged door to the replacement. My hands are to big and to old for this. The new door is hung but need to be adjusted, my son had to work out of town this weekend on the new whoop de do high speed rail line. So I have no help. The temp dropped and all the light in the shop have gone out they don't work good in cold temps. These don't have ballast so they don't warm up quick There is a storm coming so this afternoon I will get new tubes so I can work inside tonight and tomorrow if I don't get done. I think a stop at In-n-Out is in order.

CREID

Things aren't so quiet. That Toyota is giving me nothing but crap trying to move all the stuff from the damaged door to the replacement. My hands are to big and to old for this. The new door is hung but need to be adjusted, my son had to work out of town this weekend on the new whoop de do high speed rail line. So I have no help. The temp dropped and all the light in the shop have gone out they don't work good in cold temps. These don't have ballast so they don't warm up quick There is a storm coming so this afternoon I will get new tubes so I can work inside tonight and tomorrow if I don't get done. I think a stop at In-n-Out is in order.

Your location says "Sacramento" how far can the temp drop? By the way, were in the sixties just north of you in WA.

Curt

Skie_M

It was 51 degrees here last night in Oklahoma ....

You would think that we're in the middle of a nuclear winter, the way everybody is rushing in and out of stores wearing winter overcoats and huddling in doorways.

I like how people give me an incredulous stare as I walk around taking it easy in t-shirt and shorts, with flip flops slapping the floor ...

I'll still be dressed and walking about like this with a foot of snow on the ground. :biggrin:

edstreet

We did have a drama pen contest on a facebook group this week :) I came in second place (go figure right?) so will be showing off that pen soon, I think/hope.

alphageek

Former Moderator
We did have a drama pen contest on a facebook group this week :) I came in second place (go figure right?) so will be showing off that pen soon, I think/hope.

Given that the person who "won" that contest almost NEVER posts there, I'm sure that "contest" was all just smoke and mirrors, you will likely be getting that pen.... And please keep that "drama" on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom