Turned a Cane...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tieflyer

Tieflyer

My brother decided to buy a motorcycle without first checking to see if he could still bounce. Alas, he could not bounce and promptly broke his femur. Damn lucky he's still around but it's going to be a while before he is done healing. He has graduated to a cane and I promised him a nice one. I've never really been a "precision" kind of guy but happy to say I nailed the fit on this. It's exactly the length he specified. Don't anyone tell my old math teachers but I used what they taught me in a real life situation. Lol! Modeled this myself before delivering to him. Learned a lot on this build, really want to make another.
Walnut and Brass.

image.jpg

robutacion

My brother decided to buy a motorcycle without first checking to see if he could still bounce. Alas, he could not bounce and promptly broke his femur. Damn lucky he's still around but it's going to be a while before he is done healing. He has graduated to a cane and I promised him a nice one. I've never really been a "precision" kind of guy but happy to say I nailed the fit on this. It's exactly the length he specified. Don't anyone tell my old math teachers but I used what they taught me in a real life situation. Lol! Modeled this myself before delivering to him. Learned a lot on this build, really want to make another.
Walnut and Brass.

View attachment 130976

Very nicelly done, sorry on your brothers lack of bouncing, the last I try myself, I hit the ground like a sack of potatoes...!:frown:

I have been cutting and storing a few full size cane/walking stick blanks, the Wild Olive are the best and the one I would wanted to have in my hands, if I needed to defend myself but, as a walking aid tool, I find myself using a "stick" when I'm walking about...!

Great job, congrats...!

Cheers
George

stonepecker

That is a great work for your brother. Beautiful job and hopefully something he will treasure.

Take the man fishing........ Let him know it is a hobby where a jerk on one end of the pole is waiting for a jerk on the other end.

Top Bottom