Trying to find some parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from billm75

billm75

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place, I'm trying to find a source for a couple of items I was recently asked to make.

The first is a horsehair brush knot, to be used as a barber's neck duster. It needs to have bristles about 4 inches long I believe. I can't find anything like that myself, so I'm hoping you might have a clue?

Also, has anyone ever made a mushroom knife? I was asked if I could make a combination brush/knife for mushroom hunting.

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I thought I knew where to find nearly anything "turning related". But, you certainly did find some strange ones.

Sorry, no interest in mushroom hunting.

But, your brush can be found here

I'd buy one, take off most of the handle (maybe leave it as a tenon-kinda, about a half inch in diameter, then drill your replacement handle with a half inch hole, so you won't have to worry about it coming apart!!)

Good luck!!
Ed

Rick P

Something like this?

That's a serious mushroomer! My son and I love to collect and I had to look up the knife........never really got tools that are this specific. Whats wrong with a pocket knife? You could base it off a folding knife kit then grind your own blade, that would be one pricey and limited field knife!

Attachments

• 331811_zoom.jpg
    331811_zoom.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 171

billm75

Thanks guys. Yeah, the guy who wanted to know about the mushroom knife lives in Finland of all places, where this is apparently a big deal.

I appreciate the links guys, that helps a ton!

Rick P

Ironic the knife in the pic is Finnish! Good luck.

Ooops pic is from a Finnish site the blade is german.

Last edited:
Top Bottom