Trophy!! What do you think???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LandfillLumber

Hello, we just crowned our second champion of the Silver Spade Poker League,this is the trophy I made for our league.Its all Landfill Lumber,the base is door casing scraps from a super high end trim job(its like 10" wide,door casing?)crazy.Its all walnut except the one piece of Red Elm that is from my buddies sawmill operation.I'm very happy with it as its my first trophy,when I had the plates engraved at a trophy shop i must say my trophy blew away all the plastic junk they had for sale.Let me know what you think good or bad,I'm tough I can take it.Thanks for looking,Victor
IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomahawk54

it looks very impressive. the winner is a lucky guy to own such a piece of art.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Terrible. Get rid of it. I'll send you my address and the spelling of my last name. (for the engraving, you know?)

Looks great.. what did you use for a finish on the walnut?

I forgot its semi gloss lacquer,just brushed.I was not as happy as I could have been but was unable to spray due to my garage being so darn cold.I love lacquer its so forgiving and dries fast even in cold weather.Thanks for the nice words guys.Victor

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I forgot its semi gloss lacquer,just brushed.I was not as happy as I could have been but was unable to spray due to my garage being so darn cold.

Ah .. I like it too. I use the brushing lacquer in a little airbrush (thinned of
course) and compressed air .. works like a charm and the pinpoint lets you
get into some tight places where a brush won't easily go.

woodchip

Nice work. Will it be like the stanley cup and have all of the past winners added to it as time goes by or whomever wins it gets to keep it for good?

It will be passed around like the Stanley Cup.It has two winners on it already and room for 29 more years,I should be close to dead by then(I'll be 61).I hope I'm not i hope to live to an old age,91 seems like a good number,LOL.Thank everyone for looking and the nice comments.Victor

woodboys

I'd be proud to hang that on my mantel. Where do I need to go to play these cards at. Is it Ol' maid or go fish.

Top Bottom