triple dye results!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

What woods did you use..???, I see one full of borer holes and those tend to come out a treat, some people don't go much for that sort of thing but, anyone that like a handmade pen full of character, ain't going to get it with any of the common burls and "perfect" wood blanks, no sir...!

I'm always putting those sort of blanks aside and when I think of stabilizing with colours, I sure have lost to pick from, far too many, to be correct so, I keep selecting a big hand full and throw than in the "pot", adding a bit of salt, pepper, this and that and, I come up with some "interesting" results also.

I like what you did, and they will make some "interesting" pens, I wouldn't mind to see the results, if you don't mind, thanks...!

Cheers
George

Brooks803

Very cool. I like the 3rd one the best.

Thanks Bob! Yeah that one was the softest wood of the lot so it soaked up all the colors nicely.

What woods did you use..???, I see one full of borer holes and those tend to come out a treat, some people don't go much for that sort of thing but, anyone that like a handmade pen full of character, ain't going to get it with any of the common burls and "perfect" wood blanks, no sir...!

I'm always putting those sort of blanks aside and when I think of stabilizing with colours, I sure have lost to pick from, far too many, to be correct so, I keep selecting a big hand full and throw than in the "pot", adding a bit of salt, pepper, this and that and, I come up with some "interesting" results also.

I like what you did, and they will make some "interesting" pens, I wouldn't mind to see the results, if you don't mind, thanks...!

Cheers
George

Thanks George! I'm not 100% on what all the wood types are, but I do know that the one with the worm holes is spalted hackberry. I want to say the others are spalted pecan and holly.

Looks great! I like your choice of colors. Way to take it a step further, but I'm guessing your not done yet... :)

Not even close! :biggrin:

Looks like you're getting the process down pat. :good:

Thanks Mannie! You should recognize the one second from the left :wink:

Top Bottom