Tried my hand at an icecream scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from terryf

terryf

Local olive wood I got from a guy at work - I think it was destined for the fireplace!!

Found this quite difficult - particularly the turning and then drilling. I did not have bushings for this scoop. Next time I will have bushings :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• scoop02.jpg
    scoop02.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Terry, Looks great! Really like the profile and contouring of the handle. Looks ergonomic! Be assured that my first attempt wouldn't have turned out that nice even with bushings. Thanks for showing. Doc

IPD_Mrs

Terry you sure can't tell by looking at it that you didn't have the bushings - fantastic job. I know our first attempt at a "tool" outside the range of penturning was fruitless!

Keep up the good work.

Linda

PaulDoug

Really turned out nice. The next one I make will have about a 10" handle so it will reach to the bottom of our ice cream maker.

ctubbs

Who needs them stinking bushings? Not TERRY. No, not Terry. Great job Terry, keep up the good work. Nah, you don't need no stinking bushings.
Charles

terryf

I haven't seen that kit before I like it... Nice job.

Is it turned on a mandrel?

If I had bushings then yes and no as you could turn it centre2centre without drilling all the way through.

Nice Job, tell us again why you need bushings?

Jon hits the nail on the head.

- particularly the turning and then drilling.

I always drill first on these types of kits, scoops, pizza cutters, candles... don't want to chuck up a turned piece and screw up any finish or add "teeth marks"!

Looks very nice for firewood!

If I had bushings Jon, thats exactly what I would have done but...I had to improvise.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Woodlvr

Beautiful job and the wood looks awesome. You did the "firewood" proud. Nice shine, how many coats of ca? If it is ca. Where did you get the kit from? I do not recall a kit like that, but these days I don't recall a lot of things. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

terryf

Beautiful job and the wood looks awesome. You did the "firewood" proud. Nice shine, how many coats of ca? If it is ca. Where did you get the kit from? I do not recall a kit like that, but these days I don't recall a lot of things. :rolleyes:

There are three coats of medium CA and sanded to 6000. If memory serves its a PSI kit.

Thanks for the comments Mike and Craig :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom