Tried a duck call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

It was fun to make. I think I'll do some more.

Attachments

• image-2893527488.jpg
    image-2893527488.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Nice job. The calls are fun to make. I don't know if you hunt but for a little flash on my duck calls I save the curls off the mallard drake tails and glue one to each end of a short strip of leather and put it where the lanyard goes. I don't sell them so shouldn't be a problem.

southernclay

I like it

Looks good! What did you use as far as set up, mandrel etc? My brother's a big duck hunter and would like to make some for him. Not sure I can get them to sound good enough to use but at least would look good in a collection. I've heard of guys using pretty inexpensive reeds etc that sound pretty rough

Dan Masshardt

Looks good! What did you use as far as set up, mandrel etc? My brother's a big duck hunter and would like to make some for him. Not sure I can get them to sound good enough to use but at least would look good in a collection. I've heard of guys using pretty inexpensive reeds etc that sound pretty rough

It's a pre-made insert but it's tunable / customizable. They have excellent reviews. Check out the echo inserts too.

The guy I bought them from game me some jam type bushings that go over a pen mandrel. Worked ok than I turned a mandrel shaft to put it on to finish the ends.

If I decide to do more, probably will, I'll get an expanding mandrel to put in my collet chuck.

Top Bottom